Recipe by Studentchef
This is from the booklet the IGA supermarket produced. It can be good on it's own or as a base for experimenting. There are variations to this recipe that I will include below.
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend all the ingredients together and store in a small container. Ue when ready to barbecue.
- Variations (adding to the dry rub above):.
- Mustard and thyme:.
- Add 4 tbsp Compliments Honey & Garlic mustard, and 2 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves. It is good for fish, poultry, meats, potatoes, and vegetables.
- Add puree of 2 tbsp green olive tapinade and a couple of cloves of fresh garlic. Good for grilling vegetables, meat and seafood.
- Coffee and cocoa:.
- Add 1 tbsp finely ground dark roast coffee with 1 tbsp double chocolate truffle chocolate mix. It's good with beef, pork, game and poultry.
- Add 1 tbsp brown sugar, with 2 tbsp organic 100% maple syrup. Good with pork, salmon, poultry, apples, pears, and squash.