Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from the booklet the IGA supermarket produced. It can be good on it's own or as a base for experimenting. There are variations to this recipe that I will include below.
- Blend all the ingredients together and store in a small container. Ue when ready to barbecue.
- Variations (adding to the dry rub above):.
- Mustard and thyme:.
- Add 4 tbsp Compliments Honey & Garlic mustard, and 2 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves. It is good for fish, poultry, meats, potatoes, and vegetables.
- Add puree of 2 tbsp green olive tapinade and a couple of cloves of fresh garlic. Good for grilling vegetables, meat and seafood.
- Coffee and cocoa:.
- Add 1 tbsp finely ground dark roast coffee with 1 tbsp double chocolate truffle chocolate mix. It's good with beef, pork, game and poultry.
- Add 1 tbsp brown sugar, with 2 tbsp organic 100% maple syrup. Good with pork, salmon, poultry, apples, pears, and squash.
Spring PAC 2009: Yum!! I tried the mustard variation on chicken. It was outstanding!
Simple to put together, everything on hand, and the taste spectacular. I especially love the use of sea salt here, as it gives a perfect little crunch, the sugar mixed with the cumin and coriander is the way to go. I used this on steaks, and put the rub on in the morning, so by this afternoon, all the wonderful tastes of this rub had soaked well within the walls of the meat. Terrific, Studentchef! Didn't change a thing! Made for *SSC-Pet Parade* July 2008.