Recipe by *Nabiha*
A simple and easy recipe for a banana cake
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
This was a simple tasting banana cake with a very pleasant texture. I didn't have a 7x7 pan so I used a small round baking dish which worked out perfectly. I used half splenda and half sugar. Made for Pick a Chef Spring 2009.
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 1 ripe banana
- 50 g soft butter
- 1 egg
- 125 g sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the egg, banana, sugar, butter, and vanilla essence and salt in the liquidizer and blend on speed 3 to a smooth consistency.
- Sieve the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl and pour the liquidized mixture over.
- Beat on high speed just long enough to combine thoroughly.
- Bake in a greased 7 inch square tin for 40 mins at 375°F.