Just a quick baking mix recipe for pourable crusts, biscuits, pancakes.....
Make and share this Basic Baking Mix recipe from Food.com.
- In a food processor or large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Pulse to mix the ingredients or turn your mixer on low to mix well, 1 T at a time add the shortening-mixing well after each addition.
- This will keep for 6 weeks in your fridge, 4 weeks on the shelf.
- To make a pourable crust combine 2/3 cups baking mix with 2 eggs and 1 cup of milk.
- Mix well.
- For biscuits, muffins or pancakes follow the directions in recipe#16813.
This recipe works well for biscuits, but my only problem is the yield is very wrong. Another reviewer mentioned this as well. I expected 4 cups for another recipe, but when that didn't turn out well I came back and did the math, and the true yield on this is only 3 cups, not 4. It works well if you measure it out as you need it, but I should have double-checked beforehand.
I have used this type of recipe for over 30 yrs. Bisquick has gotten to expensive (not that I ever used it much) & this is the same thing. It"s so easy to make and store, not to mention how versatile it is. When I make it I do a double batch. Then I have it for pancakes, biscuits, dumplings & anything that calls for baking mix. It's a time & money saver!
I needed some Jiffy Baking Mix for Sausage Breakfast Cookies (#103611) and made this up, worked great. Thanks for the save!!