Recipe by Dib's
Just a quick baking mix recipe for pourable crusts, biscuits, pancakes.....
Top Review by MissChiChi
This recipe works well for biscuits, but my only problem is the yield is very wrong. Another reviewer mentioned this as well. I expected 4 cups for another recipe, but when that didn't turn out well I came back and did the math, and the true yield on this is only 3 cups, not 4. It works well if you measure it out as you need it, but I should have double-checked beforehand.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons vegetable shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor or large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients.
- Pulse to mix the ingredients or turn your mixer on low to mix well, 1 T at a time add the shortening-mixing well after each addition.
- This will keep for 6 weeks in your fridge, 4 weeks on the shelf.
- To make a pourable crust combine 2/3 cups baking mix with 2 eggs and 1 cup of milk.
- Mix well.
- For biscuits, muffins or pancakes follow the directions in recipe#16813.