Recipe by flirtyfunchick
I looked on the site and didn't see a basic way to just cook tofu before you do anything fancy to it, so I thought I'd share!
Top Review by angelreed
I wanted to top a salad with baked tofu, but I didn't want any marinade to compete with the delicious homemade salad dressing. This recipe was perfect! It's nothing fancy, but if you're looking for an easy recipe that delivers texture without all the soy sauce and added ingredients, this is it! Plain, simple, delicious tofu.
- 28 ounces tofu, extra firm (this should be roughly 2 blocks of tofu, or two packages from the grocery store)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put oil onto a paper towel and wipe down a cookie sheet with rims with the oiled cloth. This should be just enough to coat the pan to prevent the tofu from sticking.
- Drain the tofu, then wrap and press gently with paper towels or a cloth towel to get out the excess liquid. Do not press too hard.
- Cut the blocks of tofu into 1/2 inch squares (or whatever shape you want). I usually cut 4 rows across and 4 down, then I take each piece and cut horizontally - almost like butterflying the cube, but slicing all the way through.
- Place on cookie sheet close together but not touching.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, turning pieces over halfway through cooking time.