Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is based on the recipe posted on the "Sam the Cooking Guy" website. I simplified it a bit, but it turned out great! I hope that you enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup rice (short grain)
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (parmesan or goat cheese)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter with the olive oil in an oven-safe pot/pan over medium heat.
- Add the rice and stir until the oil and butter have been absorbed.
- Add the wine and cook until it has started to be absorbed, a few minutes.
- Stir in the chicken broth and milk over medium-high heat. Continue stirring until the mixture just reaches a boil.
- Remove the pot/pan from the heat, cover, and place in the oven.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot/pan from the oven and stir in the cheese and parsley. (If you are making a fancier risotto, stir in other ingredients now, provided they are already cooked!).