3 hrs 20 mins
Just Happy's Note:
Basic bacon spread recipe from Skillet Street Food, by chef Josh Henderson - I have modified the steps and cooking times for personal preferences.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown bacon in a large skillet over medium low heat.
- 2Stirring often, render out 1 tbsp fat.
- 3Set aside large skillet.
- 4Place the 1 tbsp bacon fat into a medium skillet.
- 5Add onions and saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 6Add cinegar, sugar pepper and salt.
- 7Cook and stir for 10 minutes.
- 8Place cooked onion mixture into the bacon in the large skillet.
- 9Cook bacon over low heat for 3 hours, stirring occasionally, until most liquid is absorbed.
- 10Remove from heat, puree, let cool
- 11Keep refrigerated for up to 3 weeks.
- 12Makes 2 cups.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Bacon Spread
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 737.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 11.2 g