Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Cut apples in quarters.
- Peel and core the apples.
- Put apples in a bowl of cold water.
- Cut apples into slices.
- Put them in a saucepan with the water and a tiny pinch of salt.
- Cover and simmer gently till apples are soft.
- Add sugar (depending on how sweet you want the sauce to be).
- Simmer well to melt sugar.
- Cook down sauce.
Great simple recipe. I didn't change a thing. My first time making homemade applesauce and it tastes so much better than the store bought stuff. I used Honeycrisp apples which imparted just enough tang.
This was great, though I left out the sugar and salt (apples are plenty sweet). I froze in 1 cup bags, great for having on hand for baking. Thanks for posting!
Easy enough for my 2 year old to help! :-) great easy recipe!