Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Like the name says, this is a basic, tasty aioli. You can season it up, or leave as is. I like to use the coarse salt, either kosher or sea salt, as it doesn't dissolve as quickly as regular salt. I also add coarse ground black peper, for the same reason.Just makes for a little tastier aioli. Amount is just a guess; mine came out to a little over a cup. Cooking time is the mellowing time.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Mix the garlic in a food procesor.
- Add the egg and process until well mixed. With the motor running, slowly pour in half of the olive oil. Stop the machines and add the lemon juice. Then, with the motor running, slowly pour in the rest of the olive oil and process until the mixture is thickened and the oil is emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, covered, and up to 12 hours before serving. This will allow the raw garlic flavor to mello.
Delicious! A word of caution, make sure the oil is slowly drizzled or you could wind up with a mess. This was served with Recipe #108612. I look forward to enjoying the leftovers.