Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Fijian Taro Salad. I've adapted the recipe from an old leaflet on taro.
Make and share this Baseisei recipe from Food.com.
- Choose only taro stalks that are pinkish end white. Peel off the outside skin.
- Cut the stalks into pieces 10 centimetres (4 inches) long.
- Drop the stalks into boiling wafer, coyer with lid and boil for 2 minutes.
- Strain the stalks and throw out the cooking water. Put the cooked stalks into a bowl of cold water. When they cool, drain water off.
- Shred the stalks along their length into thin strips, using a fork.
- Mix together the lemon juice, coconut cream, spring onion and chilli and pour mixture over the taro stalks.
- Serve with tinned fish.