1/2 Photos of Base Jello Shots Recipe With Fruit Floaters
5 hrs 15 mins
This is a base recipe so you can work with what jello and/or liquor you already have in your bar. Usually it's best to model the shot after an already existing drink, or to use plain vodka or light rum with a fruit flavor and using the same type of fruit as a floater. Cooking time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 ounce) box fruit flavored Jello gelatin (large box) or 1 (5/8 ounce) box fruit flavored sugar-free jello (large box)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups cold water or 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups ice water
- 1/2 cup vodka (or any liquor) or 1/2 cup light rum (or any liquor)
- 36 small paper cups
- 1/4 cup fruit juice (optional)
- 6 ounces berries (optional) or 6 ounces fruit slices, for floaters (optional)
- 1To make this easier, you may want to have a two quart pitcher with a handle and a pour spout to mix it with and then to pour it into the shot cups.
- 2First boil the water and then put it in the pitcher. Then add the package of gelatin. Stir, or shake, if your container has a tight fitting lid, to dissolve.
- 3Add cold water or equivalent amount of ice, fruit juice, and then liquor. Definitely use ice instead of the cold water if you are having the party in less than 4 hours because it will solidify faster. Taste to ensure there is enough liquor and consider adding more. If you use a citrus juice then you can add more liquor. Do NOT use pineapple juice, it will interfere with the gelatin setting.
- 4Pour the mixture into 3 oz Dixie cups, filling 2/3 full (after all, you want enough of these to go around). I normally lay down a sheet of wax paper, and then pour the cups and place them on a cookie sheet. If you do two batches you can place the cookie sheets on top of each other in the fridge.
- 5Drop small fruit slices or an individual berry into each shot cup for a classy touch. Then chill for at least 3 hours.
- 6To bring them to your friend's party, find a cardboard box. Fill the bottom layer with shots. Lay another piece of cardboard on top of that layer and fill that layer with shots, and so on. They should make the journey with no problems.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Base Jello Shots Recipe With Fruit Floaters
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 1.3 g