Recipe by Dancer^
I found this somewhere on the web about 3 years ago. We love it, thought u might to.
Top Review by mariana057
Dancer, this is sooo yummy!!! very tender! I've made some substitutions as I didn't have all of the ingredients on hand. It was my 1st time cooking veal, believe it or not and it's going into my monthly rotation just for myself, husband doesn't eat red meat! Thanx for the recipe!
- 2 lbs veal, cubed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, large,chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 20 ounces frozen asparagus or 2 lbs asparagus, fresh cut into 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven brown the veal in hot oil.
- Add onion and carrots.
- Cook until onion is transparent.
- Stir in parsley.
- Mix lemon juice,broth, flour and seasonings until well blended.
- Pour over meat.
- Cover and bake in preheated 325 degrees oven 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add more broth if needed.
- Cook asparagus until tender-crisp.
- Stir into veal and serve immediately.