Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb veal, cut in 4 thin slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, white
- 1 tablespoon mustard, dijon style
- 4 slices bacon
- 4 large eggs, hard cooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup beef bouillon, heated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- Dry veal on paper towels.
- Roll in a mixture of salt, sugar, white pepper, and mustard.
- Place a bacon slice on top of each piece of veal.
- Place an unsliced egg on top of the bacon.
- Rollup each slice of veal (jelly-roll fashion) and tie together with string.
- Heat oil in frypan and brown veal rolls well on all sides.
- Add onion; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the hot bouillon; cover and simmer gently 25 minutes.
- Remove the veal from the pan.
- Remove the strings from the veal and keep veal warm on a serving platter.
- Add tomato paste to the pan drippings; stir.
- Thoroughly mix flour and red wine to remove all lumps.
- Add to sauce and cook until mixture thickens.
- Add warm veal rolls and heat through.
- Before serving, place veal rolls on a platter, pour sauce over the rolls and serve with pureed potatoes.
This was very delicious! My whole family enjoyed this! I skipped the hard boiled egg and it tasted divine!