Serve these meatballs with sauce over pasta (see my recipe for Marinara Sauce), or in a hoagie bun. Both recipes are from Bartolino's restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 3/4 cup soft breadcrumbs (1 slice)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning or rosemary, salt and pepper.
- 2Add ground beef; mix well.
- 3Shape into 28 meatballs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- 4Arrange the meatballs in a 15 x 10 x 1- inch baking pan.
- 5Bake meatballs in 350 degree oven fro 15 to 20 minutes or until done (no pink remains).
- 6Drain off the fat.
- 7You can cook these in a skillet as well- Prepare the meat mixture as directed above and in a large skillet cook half the meatballs at a time in 1 tablespoon hot butter over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until no pink remains, turning to brown evenly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bartolino's Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.0 mg
- Sodium 392.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning