Recipe by Bec
Serve these meatballs with sauce over pasta (see my recipe for Marinara Sauce), or in a hoagie bun. Both recipes are from Bartolino's restaurant.
Top Review by Lauren K
These were such a hit!! I used 1/2 beef and 1/2 pork, and everyone wanted seconds!! Ever since I made these I have gotten meatballs when we go to Italian restaurants, and I think these were just as good as the homemade ones from the restaurants! Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe!!!
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup soft breadcrumbs (1 slice)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, onion, parsley, garlic, Italian seasoning or rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Add ground beef; mix well.
- Shape into 28 meatballs about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Arrange the meatballs in a 15 x 10 x 1- inch baking pan.
- Bake meatballs in 350 degree oven fro 15 to 20 minutes or until done (no pink remains).
- Drain off the fat.
- You can cook these in a skillet as well- Prepare the meat mixture as directed above and in a large skillet cook half the meatballs at a time in 1 tablespoon hot butter over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until no pink remains, turning to brown evenly.