Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Small nuggets of ripe pear are a surprise in either bite-sized or regular muffins. Always use ripe pears!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 cup diced bartlett pear (about 2 medium pears)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, F. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Beat together milk, beaten egg, butter and lemon zest. Mix pears and nuts into flour mixture. Gently stir milk mixture into dry ingredients. Batter should be lumpy, not smooth. Do not over mix.
- Spray muffin pans with nonstick spray. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, until tops are browned. Remove from pan immediately, and serve warm.
- Tip: Bake in mini muffin pans and bake 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.