Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From: "Complete Home Bartender's Guide" by Salvatore Calabrese. "A tangy flavor will start the day with a zing and this sure fits the moment."
- 1 2⁄3 ounces vodka
- 1⁄4 cup cherry tomatoes (handful)
- 1 leaf fresh basil
- 1 pinch ground coriander
- 1 pinch celery salt
- fresh chives, a sprinkling of
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
- cherry tomatoes, to garnish (optional)
- fresh basil leaf, to garnish (optional)
- Pour all ingredients into a blender without ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a cherry tomato and basil leaves on a cocktail stick if desired.
I have to say this wasn't what I expected - if you're thinking Bloody Mary, this isn't it! However, this was VERY refreshing. Kind of like a liquid bruschetta... actually, a lot like that! This would be nice on a steamy Florida Sunday morning reading the paper on the hammock. Thanks, I can't wait for the heat now!