Recipe by Me & Mr. Jones
This recipe came from a calendar-like cookbook, from Wisconsin Electric. The cook who submitted the recipe said it belonged to her Aunt who was a caterer. One of her clients was Capt. Kangaroo! Note: cook time includes chill time.
Top Review by BB2011
I was disappointed with the recipe, but not the result, because I was able to adjust. There is not enough rice krispy mixture to make both a bottom and top layer in a 9x13 pan. The same goes for the chocolate in the middle. I had to make more of each once I saw how little the recipe produced. They didn't hold together very well, but they did taste pretty good.
- 2 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 8 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butterscotch chips and peanut butter together.
- Stir in cereal, and press 1/2 of mixture into a 9x13, or smaller, cake pan. Put in fridge.
- Combine and melt chocolate chips, powdered sugar, butter, and water. Spread over top of refrigerated cereal mixture.
- Add remaining 1/2 of cereal mixture, and gently press down on top of chocolate layer.