Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found on "Thats My Home!" website. Haven't tried yet, but will any day now. Wanted to see the complete nutrition.
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup golden molasses or 1⁄2 cup dark molasses
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup liquid milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop raisins (using a food processor if possible).
- Cream butter, sugar, egg and molasses.
- Combine flour, dry milk, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt and ginger in separate bowl.
- Blend into creamed mixture with liquid milk.
- Stir in oats, raisins and half the almonds (if desired).
- Pour into greased 13-by-9-by-2-inch pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with remaining almonds (if desired).
- Bake about 30 minutes.
- Cool in pan and cut into 1-by-4-inch bars.
I made these yesterday and we had one each for breakfast. They have a pleasant appealing taste, and they DO give you a boast of energy. I put just a tad less flour and added a small amount of flax seed meal, and used skim milk. I also used light margarine, and splenda instead of sugar. This one is a keeper!