Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a like a Chilean version a panini, delicious filling sandwich. With a little heat.
- 1⁄2 lb beef steak
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped )
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 small aji panca chilies (finely chopped )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices bread
- salt and pepper (to taste )
- 2 slices monterey jack cheese
- Grill steak to medium rare or as desired.
- Combine all ingredients like a sandwich and grill on griddle.
- Serve cut into bite-sized morsels.
I was not sure how the this sandwich was assembled, it says to grill the steak and then combine all the ingredients like a sandwich and grill on the griddle......but there was olive oil and red wine vinegar (!)......so, I grilled the steak with a marinade of vinegar and oil, then mixed the chillies, cumin and garlic together. I then put the steak and the garlic chilli mixture on one side of the bread and the the cheese on top. This was tangy and very tasty, although it was a little difficult to cut it into bite size morsels, as the steak was hard to cut through, so I cut the sandwiches in to halves. My dad and husband enjoyed this for lunch with salad and crisps; they said that maybe next time it would be better with less chillies. Made for ZWT4 - thanks Marlitt! FT:-)