Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Our family good-naturedly refers to the Cracker Barrel restaurant as "Barrel of Crackers." We love their hash brown casserole and this is the closest copycat recipe I've found for it.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cups colby cheese (shredded)
- 2 lbs frozen hash browns (thawed)
- Combine soup, butter, salt, pepper, onions and cheese.
- Gently mix in the hash browns and pour into greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
Tastes just like Cracker Barrels
The flavor of this dish was great. Our family enjoyed it a lot. We thought it was a tad on the greasy side, though, so I will cut back on the butter next time I make it. I also used sharp cheddar instead of colby (that's what I had on hand). Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Not as flavorful with the canned chicken soups I'm afraid. Chef# 1132015 apparently used to work there but has no recipe up for this dish.