Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Breads of the World. These can be frozen after baking.
Make and share this Barra Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml mace
- 2 eggs
- 59.16 ml butter, cut into small pieces
- 236.59 ml milk
- 118.29 ml grated cheese, sharp cheddar preferred
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and mace together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add eggs and butter.
- Stir to mix slightly.
- Stir in milk and cheese. Do not overmix.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake until pale golden, about 20 minutes.