Recipe by COOKGIRl
Although I am a yet a toddler I've been feeling nostalgic lately! Every year at Christmas, we receive (Daddy included!) a box of Barnum's Animal Crackers in our stockings! Did you know that the Barnum's Animal Cracker box was originally designed to hang on the Christmas tree, hence the reason for the string attached to the box? I think it would be fun to add some fresh parsley sprigs (pretend trees). Discovered on yumsugar.com. via Kraft.com.
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (can substitute cream cheese, sunflower butter, cashew butter, etc.)
- 3 celery, stalks (each stalk 6 inches long)
- 12 barnum's animal crackers
- 1⁄4 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs (I like cinnamon-flavored)
- parsley sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread peanut butter evenly into hollow part of the celery stalks.
- Stand up 4 of the animal crackers in peanut butter on each celery stalk.
- Sprinkle evenly with graham crumbs to resemble dirt.
- If you want to, add parsley sprigs standing upright for trees.