Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A little bit of Old Cape Cod from the New England chapter of the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947.
- 1 dozen clam (Or enough more to make 2 cups clam meat. I used 2 10-ounce cans of minced baby clams, as I don't hav)
- 1⁄4 cup clam juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 pie crusts (either your own recipe or store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Steam the clams and strain the juice, saving 1/4 cup.
- Remove the clams from the shells and chop finely.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and pour into a deep pie shell and cover with upper crust.
- Seal all around and pierce the top with a fork.
- Bake for approximately one hour.
- Serve very hot.