Recipe by Nessa, Texas Housewife
Great recipe! My neighbor gave this to me. It's great on a chilly night. We top this with shredded mexican cheese and sour cream, but it's great on it's own.
Top Review by mama smurf
What a great tasting recipe. I followed as written and it went together so simply. Flavor was right on and we all ate it and none was left. Served with a side of seasoned rice and a green salad. Thanks for posting. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin