Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cajun catfish served up with just the right touch of spices and flavor. This entrée is perfect for a quick, excellent way to taste the unique flavor of catfish mixed with the traditional method of down south cooking, just without all the fat. Serve on top of white rice.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
- In a shallow, medium bowl, mix cayenne pepper, lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Brush both sides of catfish fillets with butter. Rub fillets with the cayenne pepper mixture on both sides.
- Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat until really hot. Add fillets, and fry approximately 2 minutes on each side, until slightly blackened.
- Arrange blackened fillets in a single layer in the prepared baking dish, and coat with Italian-style salad dressing. Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
This was a nice way to have catfish. It was very moist with a little bite. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT9.
good flavor is perfect with the toasted parsley orzo zwt9 Toasted Orzo With Parsley