- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups barley
- 1 bunch scallion, thinly slice
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 1⁄2 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Add the barley and cook over high heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the scallions and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the boiling water and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the barley is chewy, 35 to 40 minutes.