Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Posting for ZWT6 Great Britain Region. From www.recipegoldmine.com
- 8 ounces mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup barley
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Cook and stir mushrooms and onions in butter 5 minutes.
- Place in ungreased 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Cover and bake at 375° F, stirring once, until barley is tender, about 1 1/4 hours.
Love barley and mushrooms. I did used just button mushrooms and a onion seasoning mix for the chicken bouillon. Thanks. Made for ZWT6
Yummy recipe! Loved all the mushrooms and the barley is so good for you too! Thanks! Made for ZWT#6 by a Looney Spoon Phoodie!