Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
A warm salad from Vegetarian Times Nov 2004
- 1 cup pearl barley or 1 cup pot barley, rinsed
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Put 3 cups water into a large saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- stir in barley.
- cover, reduce heat to low and cook 30 min for pearl barley, 40 min for pot barley or until water is absorbed.
- combine barley, black beans, red peppers vinaigrette and dill in mixing bowl. season with salt & pepper.
- mix well and serve.