Recipe by SweetChef
A great side dish - the flavors go well with Thanksgiving dinner. The recipe says serve at room temp, but we re-heated it and served it warm. Everyone really liked it.
- 177.44 ml pearl barley
- 59.14 ml wild rice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 709.77 ml water
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 177.44 ml dried cranberries
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml onion, finely chopped
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 236.59 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan with lid, boil water, add barley, wild rice and salt. Return to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 40 min or until barley is tender.
- While barley and rice is cooking, pour orange juice over cranberries and set aside.
- Drain any excess liquid from cooked barley and rice mixture. Place rice and barley in large bowl.
- Drain cranberries, reserving liquid.
- Toss cranberries with barley and rice.
- Mix 5 tbsp orange juice with lemon juice and onion. Whisk in olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over barley mixture.
- Add chopped parsley and walnuts. Mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.