1/1 Photo of Barley, Wild Rice, and Cranberry Pilaf
A great side dish - the flavors go well with Thanksgiving dinner. The recipe says serve at room temp, but we re-heated it and served it warm. Everyone really liked it.
My Private Note
large s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan with lid, boil water, add barley, wild rice and salt. Return to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook about 40 min or until barley is tender.
- 2While barley and rice is cooking, pour orange juice over cranberries and set aside.
- 3Drain any excess liquid from cooked barley and rice mixture. Place rice and barley in large bowl.
- 4Drain cranberries, reserving liquid.
- 5Toss cranberries with barley and rice.
- 6Mix 5 tbsp orange juice with lemon juice and onion. Whisk in olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour dressing over barley mixture.
- 7Add chopped parsley and walnuts. Mix well. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley, Wild Rice, and Cranberry Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.5
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 202.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g