Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple old fashioned barley sugar that is tasty and easy to make.
Make and share this Barley Sugar recipe from Food.com.
- Dissolve sugar in water then add rind of the lemon and cream of tartar.
- Cook to 240°F or soft-ball stage.
- Remove lemon rind.
- Add strained juice from the lemon and cook to 310°F or hard-crack stage being careful that syrup does not burn.
- Pour into a buttered tray.
- When it starts to set cut into strips.
- When cool enough to handle, twist strips and place in fridge to set.