Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Add some nuts, dried fruit, or cheese for a vegetarian main dish. From The Volumetrics Eating Plan.
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked barley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the squash, cut sides up, on the baking sheet and bake 25 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients (except paprika) in a medium bowl. Divide this mixture amongst the squash cavities. Sprinkle with paprika and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until squash is tender.