Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Hearty and rich on a cold day!
Make and share this Barley Stroganoff Stew recipe from Food.com.
- Brown meat, onion and garlic in 2T.
- olive oil in a 3-4qt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients EXCEPT mushrooms and sour cream.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover; cook over low heat for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; continue cooking 15 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over hot cooked noodles or rice.
- CROCK POT VARIATION: Reduce water to 1/2cup.
- Combine all ingredients except mushrooms and sour cream and place in crock pot.
- Cover; cook on low heat 7-8 hours.
- Stir in mushrooms; cover, cook on high heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream.