Top Review by carole in orlando
Great salad! I added some dill with the thyme and we liked the spices together. It's so different when you use fresh lemons instead of Real Lemon juice. The flavors and textures are very nice. My husband had two helpings. It's great for the South Beach Diet, also. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 236.59 ml pearl barley
- 453.59 g cooked small shrimp
- 473.18 ml frozen corn kernels
- 118.29 ml diced green pepper
- 118.29 ml diced red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4.92 ml dried thyme, crumbled
- 4.92 ml finely grated lemon, zest of
- 59.14 ml fresh lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook barley in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add shrimp, corn, peppers, onions, thyme and zest.
- Whisk lemon juice with salt and pepper; whisk in oil in thin stream; add to salad and toss well.
- Adjust seasoning.
- (can be prepared up to 1 day ahead and, in fact, gets better as it sits.).