Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 lb cooked small shrimp
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cook barley in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add shrimp, corn, peppers, onions, thyme and zest.
- Whisk lemon juice with salt and pepper; whisk in oil in thin stream; add to salad and toss well.
- Adjust seasoning.
- (can be prepared up to 1 day ahead and, in fact, gets better as it sits.).