Cooking Light. June 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into wedges
- 1 medium peeled eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- cooking spray
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1 medium yellow squash, halved lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2To prepare salad, bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add barley. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes or until tender. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes. Spoon barley into large bowl.
- 3Place peppers and eggplant on one jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; place zucchini and squash in another jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4Coat vegetables with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper.
- 5Place pan with squash on top rack in the oven and pan with eggplant on middle rack. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes or until squash and zucchini are tender.
- 6Remove pan with squash, and move pan with eggplant to top rack. Bake peppers and eggplant an additional 8 minutes or until tender. Cool.
- 7Cut vegetables into 1/2-inch pieces. Add vegetables, parsley, and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) to barley; toss gently.
- 8To prepare dressing, combine vinegar, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt, stirring well with a whisk. Add dressing to barley mixture; toss. Sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley, Roasted Vegetables, and Feta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.8
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 329.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.8 g