Recipe by chia
this is a great way to use up extra veggies, and a nice change from rice. serve with a roast, or as part of a vegetarian meal. it's also easily doubled
Top Review by Barb G.
Oh My gosh , This is really good Risotto, We love barley but had never had it fixed this way. It does make a lot for two or three people. Will have a good lunch. Recipe is a Keeper, thank you Chia.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 chopped onion
- 236.59 ml sliced mushrooms
- 354.88 ml barley
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 236.59 ml fresh diced tomato
- 236.59 ml peas
- salt and pepper
- grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- in olive oil, saute onion and garlic until softened.
- add mushrooms, cook until browning.
- add barley and cook for 5 minutes until lightly toasted.
- add white wine, add 3 c stock, tomato, salt& pepper.
- bring to boil, cover and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- add peas and some additional broth if needed, simmer an additional 10-15 minutes stir in cheese, and more salt& pepper if needed.