1/2 Photos of barley risotto
this is a great way to use up extra veggies, and a nice change from rice. serve with a roast, or as part of a vegetarian meal. it's also easily doubled
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1in olive oil, saute onion and garlic until softened.
- 2add mushrooms, cook until browning.
- 3add barley and cook for 5 minutes until lightly toasted.
- 4add white wine, add 3 c stock, tomato, salt& pepper.
- 5bring to boil, cover and simmer 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6add peas and some additional broth if needed, simmer an additional 10-15 minutes stir in cheese, and more salt& pepper if needed.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for barley risotto
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 11.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: