Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Quick-fix Veg
Make and share this Barley Pilaf With White Beans & Broccoli recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking pearl barley
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans
- Cook onions in oil until soft.
- Add broth and barley and bring to a boil.
- Add salt, cover, and simmer on low 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer until brocooli is tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Stir in beans and heat until hot.