- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup uncooked barley
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In ungreased 2 1/2 cup casserole, mix all ingredients except parsley.
- Cover and bake until done, about 1 hour.
- Stir in parsley.
- (you know, you *could* also make this with brown or white rice or another grain, just adjust the liquid and cooking time accordingly -- ).