Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Nice change from rice.
- 1 cup barley
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 medium chopped onion
- 1 (1 ounce) can mushroom, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 2 cups hot water
- Melt margarine.
- Saute onion until brown and add mushrooms and barley to coat.
- Mix all ingredients and place in a covered casserole dish.
- Bake at 350°F covered for 1 hour.
Made this last night, served with a stew. I used fresh mushroom instead of the canned. If your a vegetarin, you'll love like this.
made last night with chia,s sticky lemon chicken. very good if you are a barley lover!i would like a bit more spice but am not sure what to use with barley...i also used fresh mushrooms...may add some chopped veggies next time!
Very good! I didn't include mushrooms, but otherwise, I followed the recipe.