- 4 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drain (I prefer fresh)
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 3 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add chicken stock, onions, celery, and mushrooms; sauté until tender and stock is absorbed.
- Stir in barley and cook, stirring frequently, until browned.
- Add bouillon, water, and poultry seasoning.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer, covered for 20 minutes.