Recipe by So Cal Gal
Whole grain muffins that almost melt in your mouth! They can be made with whole wheat pastry flour instead of barley flour too. (Slightly adapted from a recipe on the back of the Arrowhead Mills organic barley flour bag.)
- 1 cup barley flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup dark seedless raisins
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup clear honey
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together barley flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and dark seedless raisins.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, clear honey, light olive oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir until just combined.
- Using a small measuring cup or ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup with 1/12 of batter.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool a bit before serving.