So Cal Gal's Note:
Whole grain muffins that almost melt in your mouth! They can be made with whole wheat pastry flour instead of barley flour too. (Slightly adapted from a recipe on the back of the Arrowhead Mills organic barley flour bag.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with paper baking cups.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, stir together barley flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, and dark seedless raisins.
- 4In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together buttermilk, clear honey, light olive oil, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- 5Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir until just combined.
- 6Using a small measuring cup or ice cream scoop, fill each muffin cup with 1/12 of batter.
- 7Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- 8Let muffins cool a bit before serving.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley-Oat Spice Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 197.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 218.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g