So Cal Gal's Note:
Whole grain pancakes that almost melt in your mouth! This is my favorite, and most used, pancake recipe. (Slightly adapted from a recipe on the back of the Arrowhead Mills organic barley flour bag.) Note: Whole wheat pastry flour can be used in place of the barley flour, and regular baking powder can be used instead of the sodium-free variety.
My Private Note
small p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, whisk together barley flour, oat flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 2In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together nonfat milk, eggs, light olive oil, clear honey, and vanilla extract.
- 3Add wet ingredients to dry, and whisk until just combined.
- 4Heat a large non-stick skillet over low-medium heat.
- 5Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter (per pancake) into hot skillet and cook until bubbles begin to appear on top, and bottom is golden brown; then flip pancake/s and cook until other side is also golden brown (adjusting heat as necessary to keep pancake/s from burning).
- 6Serve warm with maple syrup or honey.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley-Oat Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 94.8 mg
- Sodium 660.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sodium-free baking powder