1/1 Photo of Barley & Mushroom Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
Cindy Hartlin's Note:
Vegetarian green peppers stuffed with barley and mushrooms
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and onions and cook, stirring until the onions are browned.
- 3Stir in the barley, parsley, thyme and pepper (ground). Stir in the cheese; set aside.
- 4Rinse the bell peppers. Cut off the tops; remove and discard the seeds and pith.
- 5If necessary, make a thin slice on the bottom of each pepper to balance. Spoon 1/4 of the mixture into each pepper.
- 6Stand the peppers upright in a baking dish just large enough to accommodate them.
- 7Pour the sauce into the baking dish.
- 8Bake 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barley & Mushroom Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 503.9
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.4 mg
- Sodium 429.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.5 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g