Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
down home comfort food, and low calorie too
Make and share this barley mushroom soup recipe from Food.com.
- drain dried mushrooms after 30 minutes.
- strain soaking liquid in a paper coffe filter, set aside.
- in pot, add oil over med-hi heat.
- add celery, onions, carrot and cook until soft.
- add fresh mushrooms, cook until slightly brown.
- add rehydrated mushrooms, soaking liquid, 6 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- add barley and seasoning, cover and simmer about 45 minutes.
This soup is wonderful! I guess it's the porcini mushrooms(I've never used them before). I was slightly skeptical at first, but after the second bite, I was hooked! Thanks for a delicious soup! Oh, I did add about 1/2 cup summer squash cause I got given a bunch and did add a little veg. broth powder!