Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a wonderful side dish! Serve as a substitute for pasta or rice.
Make and share this Barley Mushroom Side Dish recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 2 cups quick-cooking barley
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- Saute mushrooms, onions, and garlic in olive oil. When tender, add barley, water and boullion. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes until barley is softened.