Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a nice fresh, healthy, salad. A nice change from green, rice and pasta salads. It's even better the next day.
- Simmer barley in broth about 40 minutes until most of the water is absorbed.
- Let cool
- Peel, slice, seed and dice cucumber (so they are about the same size as the garbanzos).
- Slice green onions.
- Finely chop rosemary.
- Toss everything together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Makes about 6 1-cup servings.
This was really good. I left out the cucumbers per personal preference and added about 1/2 cup of Italian dressing because the barley seemed to soak it up fast. Great healthy salad for a buffet with really great colors. Thanks!
I made some changes, and it was just Ok for me. Instead of rosemary I substituted basil. I didn't have any veg. broth, so I used beef broth. The garbanzos were crunchy and hurt my teeth. The colors were very appealing to the eye. I really liked your baked beans recipe, however.