Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lovely muffin from the National Barley Foods Council.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup barley flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried fruit (apricots, apples, raisins, cranberries or cherries)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Spray muffin pan with cooking spray or use cupcake papers.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a large bowl; set aside.
- Whisk together yogurt, eggs, brown sugar, olive oil and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.
- Pour into dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in dried fruit.
- Divide batter equally between muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove to cooling rack.
These are terrific muffins! I love barley flour and am always looking for a recipe to use it. For this one I used dried pineapple and the muffins turned out really well. Yum!